Last Friday Mary Brodersen pleaded not guilty to 93 counts of animal neglect despite the deplorable conditions her cocker spaniels were found in. Five were found dead.
Timeline of events:
- 1/25/2012: Sac County, Iowa officers seize 87 cocker spaniels and cat during raid related to animal neglect. Media withholds the suspect’s name.
- 1/26/2012: News media releases the suspect’s name as Mary Brodersen or Mary Broderson. Conflicting spellings continue at present.
- 2/11/2012: Brodersen ordered to reimburse Sac County $25,359 for cost of maintaining 87 cocker spaniels seized on January 25, 2012.
- 2/11/2012: Brodersen agrees to give up ownership of cocker spaniels allowing them to be put up for adoption.
- 2/14/2012: Brodersen charged with 93 counts of animal neglect by Sac County Court.
Dates in timeline may be approximated